Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/550499468751942/
What is the Get to Know Ignite Event?
- An informative session about the Mac campus’ Ignite Collective, which is an online publication that aims to give exposure to the creative identity of our community.
What is the purpose of this event?
- Identifying and understanding the demographic of Mac, and to reach the marginalized groups within our community. We feel as though there are many stereotypes about Mac that need to be broken, and our community is underrepresented in the greater McGill population. This aligns with our main mission to give our community a larger voice and an inclusive safe-space.
Why should I attend this event?
- You will be able to interact with the editors and be given a transparent explanation of our vision, and how one may contribute if interested!
- We WILL HAVE FOOD! Come make brownies in DIY mugs (that we will provide) with options to decorate if you please (ignite stickers!) and take home :)
- The CC is accessible by ramp and elevator. There are handicap stalls, and the Ceilidh will be arranged with as little barriers as possible.
- We will have all vegetarian food options, vegan & gluten free as well! We will be purchasing most ingredients from Mac Campus’ own BYOB for waste reduction & local business support.
- Modes of transportation: McGill shuttle at 4:45pm, 5:45pm. There is also a public bus stop, where you can take the 211 from terminus to terminus, and arrive at Lionel-Groulx metro station.
- To reduce distributed event material waste, access will be provided to powerpoints/information presented during the event.
- Discussions will be held in both French & English.
Event Date and Time:
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 - 15:00